Sunday, November 2, 2008

The best things in life are free.

As money gets tighter, many of us are forced to cut back on non-essential items and expenses. My Iyengar instruction is so important to me, yet i often have a hard time rationalizing the expense when there are so many other pressing expenses with kids, house, life. My yoga class provides me with a wide variety of benefits like peace of mind, increased energy, strength, illness & injury prevention, and also gives me a place to expand my education about the world and a time for prayer and reflection. While i wish it weren't something I had to consider--it is important that we take time to consider what our practice means to us, and the value of what we received for our time and money invested. I wonder if this downturn in the economy will force many out of the studio. If this is the case for you. . . what a great time to develop your home practice. Everything I read about home practice describes it as the cornerstone of a lifelong yoga practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment